Monday, June 11, 2018

Learning As We Grow

      




         If I were to be honest, I would have to admit that there is a lot that we normally don't understand as young people. As our children grow and as we are propelled into knowing of new experiences both as ourselves and vicariously through our children, we get glimpses of some of life's truths and if we are paying attention, we might actually learn from them.

         Some time ago, a couple of my friends married partners that were much younger than they were.  My fundamental belief on this was that many different relationships work for many different people and that as long as the people themselves are happy that it's no one's business but their own.   I held that belief and yet I did not understand.  Wouldn't you wish to have known the same television programs growing up as your mate? Wouldn't you like to know the same songs?  How superficial all of that really is.

          I realized only this week that all of those concerns are superficial things. Sometimes who we love is less about the flesh, and much more about the soul.   I am afraid that some of my friends discovered the concept of loving the soul of another human being long before I understood it.





No comments:

Post a Comment